Workshops and Events
Contact our team to discuss custom workshops and presentations
Built to Sell: 8 Things That Drive Your Company Value
8 Things That Drive Your Company Value looks at eight strategies for driving up the value of a company.
If you’re like a lot of entrepreneurs, you use your Profit & Loss (P&L) statement as your report card at the end of the year. You may even use your P&L to figure out what your company is worth by applying a multiple to your profit. But having worked with more than 40,000 entrepreneurs using The Value Builder System™, we’ve seen examples of companies that fetch up to three times more than the average price for companies in their industry.
Whether you want to sell your business – or just know that you could – you’ll learn the eight things that drive the value of your company and suggestions on how to dramatically increase the value of your business.
During this session, we’ll look at how to:
• Structure your business like Jason Fried re-positioned Basecamp to maximize its value.
• Accelerate the pace of positive word-of-mouth for your business, using the same techniques as companies like Eventbrite, Intuit, Google and Apple.
• Differentiate your business using the same methodology Warren Buffet looks for in the companies in which he invests.
• Minimize your company’s reliance on your personal involvement using some of the strategies Tim Ferriss used to reduce the time he spent in his business to just four hours a week.
The Automatic Customer: Creating A Subscription Business In Any Industry
These days virtually anything you need can be purchased through a subscription, with more convenience than ever before. This emerging subscription economy offers huge opportunities to companies that know how to turn customers into subscribers. Automatic customers are the key to increasing cash flow, igniting growth, and boosting the value of your company.
We will share a blueprint for building a subscription business, including:
• The five trends driving the subscription economy;
• How one company turned a $29-dollar average sale into a $7,540 sale and dropped its spoilage rates from 30% to 3%;
• Why the average Amazon Prime customer spends $709 per year more than the average Amazon customer;
• The 9 different subscription models and how to apply each to your business;
• How TIGER 21, the world’s most exclusive investment club for investors with $10 million or more in liquid assets, turned to the subscription model to build their network;
• How Dollar Shave Club and BirchBox make money;
• How to capitalize on the Trojan Horse subscription model;
• The secret psychology of selling a subscription;
• How to value a subscription business, and the most important ratio you need to understand and optimize in order to attract venture capital investment;
• 8 reasons why customers quit subscribing and how to make customers sticky for life.
The Formula: 5 Surprising Ways to Boost the Value of a Business
This presentation provides a five-step approach to improving the value of any company regardless of its size or industry. It also discloses the story of Stephanie Breedlove, a successful entrepreneur who sold her $9 million business for an astonishing $54 million. Breedlove’s incredible exit was a result of her focus on the five-point formula.
Based on an analysis of more than 30,000 businesses, this event will help business owners understand what they need to do to drive up the value of their business. This presentation includes:
– The benchmarks for valuing a business in today’s market.
– How having a monopoly in a market and a recurring revenue of 75%+ can lead to higher offers.
– The one data point you absolutely must know to help your client have a successful exit.
– The truth about what acquirers look for in a company to buy.
– The need to reduce reliance on three key factors.
– How to position your business to be enticing to a strategic acquirer.
The Freedom Workshop
YOU STARTED YOUR BUSINESS FOR THE FREEDOM …That comes with running your own company. The freedom to earn what you deserve, and to work for whoever you want, when you want, and from wherever you want.
The challenge is that for many business owners the dream remains elusive.
In fact, you may feel trapped in your business because:
- You know more than anyone else in your company about your industry;
- Your customers ask to deal with you personally;
- You are involved in the building or creating of what you sell;
- and you are your company’s best salesperson.
The Freedom Workshop is an interactive, sleeves-rolled-up session, dedicated to getting you back on track to gaining the freedom you deserve as a business owner.
- How to recognize when you’ve fallen into The Owner’s Trap and the steps to take to pull yourself out;
- The three attributes of a scalable business model;
- The eight factors that drive the value of your business;
- The one kind of revenue that can triple the value of your business;
- The six forms of sustainable recurring revenue;
- The two essential elements of your marketing plan you need in order to avoid commoditization and costly price wars;
- The one question you need to ask your customers to predict the likelihood that they will buy again in the future and refer you to others.
GIVE US ONE DAY OF YOUR TIME, AND WE’LL GIVE YOU YOUR LIFE BACK
How to Buy The Right Business – For You
- Service Industry Models
- Business to Business Models
- Consulting Models
- Restaurant Models
- One person vs. Employees
- Mobile Business Models
- Work From Home vs. Brick and Mortar